Leaf bookmarks and coasters
Published: Thursday, September 27, 2012
Updated: Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:09
- Fallen leaf
- Wax paper
- Two rags
- Ironing Board (or a flat counter space).
1. Preheat your iron to high.
2. Choose a leaf. Find one with little to no moisture or curling.
3. Cut two pieces of wax paper to be longer than the leaf.
4. Cover the ironing board with a rag. On top of the rag, place your leaf
sandwiched between the two pieces of the cut wax paper. Cover this with a rag.
5. Slowly run the iron continuously over the rag. When you notice the paper has begun to seal, let the full weight of the iron rest on each part of the edge for five seconds.
6. Once the paper has melted and sealed, you are finished. Lift the rag to make sure the wax has completely melted. If the wax has melted, the leaf will appear clearer.
7. Let cool, your creation can now be used as a coaster to avoid watermarks or as a bookmark for a much-needed break from studying.