Out of this world
Published: Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Updated: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 17:10
3. Not considered a planet anymore
5. First person to use a telescope to view space
6. The sun and its orbiting planets make up the _____ ________.
11. An enormous grouping of stars bound together by gravity.
17. Used to view space from Earth
19. The distance from the Earth to the sun
21. A star explosion
22. A sphere of hot gas
23. Results when energized particles from the sun react with Earth's magnetic field
24. Small bodies of rock that orbit the sun
25. The path of one smaller object around a larger, fixed mass.
26. _________ Rover landed on Mars this past August.
1. There are eight of them in this galaxy
2. Planets such as Mars, Venus, Earth and Mercury are _______ planets. 4. A measurement of distance equal to about 5.9 trillion miles
7. The galaxy containing our solar system
8. Planets such as Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are ____ ______.
9. Scientist who determined we were part of a heliocentric solar system.
10. The natural satellite of Earth
12. Planet known for its rings.
13. Small ice particle that burns up in Earth's atmosphere, also known as a shooting star
14. Cloud of gas and dust
15. Smaller stars are called _______ stars.
16. A ball of ice and dust that often has a tail
18. Largest galactic body in our solar system.
20. Star formations that resemble different objects and figures